Producer, Current Affairs (Perspectives) (1-Year Contract)
Job ID: 51415
Job Views: 4728
Location: Singapore, , Singapore
Job Category: Wire Services,Television,Online/New Media
Employment Type: Full time,Contractor
- You will need to put together 18 no-holds-barred panel discussion programmes, which means you must pay meticulous attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to organize and pull off a show that really resonates with the show's ‘live’ audience and Asia wide viewers.
- Assist the Supervising Executive Producer/Executive Producer with research and story ideas.
- Must be able to put together, on short notice, a list of compelling topics for Perspectives panel discussion series.
- Come up with critical thinking questions for each episode/topic.
- Identify and prepare research on potential panel members.
- Manage all communication with panel members.
- Plan filming/crew schedules and meet, brief and interview every panel member and come away with strong pre-show interviews.
- Incorporate desk/field research into programme rundowns.
- Assist Executive Producer with all production aspects when filming the full hour long panel discussions.
- You would need to be familiar with social media platforms and be able to connect with users on the go when writing for the web.
- Write pre and post broadcast tweets for all episodes and manage official twitter account.
- Write articles for the channel’s website by telling the story upfront with photos.
- Write and produce 30-second trailers for all shows.
- Oversee post production of all trailers, digital features and the main programmes.
- You must be comfortable with smartphone journalism, be able to do great video on mobiles and/or a DSLR and perform entry-level video editing.
- You must be able to develop new content that will drive the brand of our website.
- Assist with the production of infographics to illustrate complex stories.
- Pitch story ideas for documentaries.
- Gather, interpret, analyze and translate information - transforming complex ideas into actionable strategy.
- You should have a degree in Arts & Social Science, Journalism, Mass Communications or Political Science.
- You must possess a strong news sense, with a good knowledge of regional issues.
- You must have a flair for writing, a good-story telling ability as well as an excellent command of the English language.
- You should have excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, public speaking and presentation skills.
- You should be a strong team player and be able to exercise individual judgement, spot emerging trends and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- You should possess good analytical skills, creativity, initiative, resourcefulness, strong research and critical thinking skills.
- You must be highly motivated, creative and aggressive in driving digital performance and in a fast-paced atmosphere, you need to have good news sense when turning out online articles and tweets.
- You should have an online video portfolio.
- Candidates with deeper video editing skills and familiarity with editing software would be a bonus.
To apply, please go to https://mediacorp.workable.com/j/177DB78BE2
When applying, indicate that you saw this job on Asiamediajobs.com