We are looking for a Supervising Editor to oversee the finalization and production of Singapore news programme with the objective of ensuring that news are reported on an accurate, objective and timely basis. The suitable candidate is to coach and implement plans to develop high potential journalists, as well as to plan and supervise the execution of news projects.
The suitable candidate is to support day-to-day operations by:
· Conceptualize and plan editorial content together with the Executive Producers
· Plan and oversee the execution of special news projects, including vetting the stories written by the team.
· Take an active role in setting the editorial direction of the assigned unit.
· Participate in forward planning for important assignments/projects within the assigned unit. Develop and enhance professional competence by providing both constructive feedback as well as guidance to producers
· Adhere to the policies and rules set by regulators by complying with editorial guidelines. Be able to interpret the guidelines and advise producers and reporters in compliance.
· Liaise with other news gathering departments in the MediaCorp network to maximise the use of company resources.
· Assist Chief Editor and Deputy Chief Editor in formulating strategy to expand viewer base, to improve operations and to achieve the corporate growth objectives.
· Coach, develop training & retention plan for high potential journalists
· Degree either in Journalism, Mass Communication, Media Studies or Arts & Social Sciences
· Good command of English language — both spoken and written.
· Strong knowledge in Singapore news
· Familiarity with social media platforms used for news-gathering and community relations.
· Good story telling skills and visual sense.
· Good understanding in production codes and guidelines.
· Good coaching skills, be able to analyse news events and help reporters & producers to develop news stories.