· Contribute towards production of daily news bulletins and specials. This will include stacking the rundowns, writing stories, integrating graphics & vision to tell a compelling, relevant story.
· Direct production of news programmes by assigning stories to writers, coordinating graphics requests, planning sequences with the studio crew and executing live programs.
· Produce news packages using wire agency materials, conceptualizing & writing the scripts, integrating relevant soundbites, and cutting the package.
· Break news on air quickly and accurately. React to developing stories, amend scripts and the rundown of the show to reflect the new line-up of stories.
· Conceptualise graphics, including Augmented Reality graphics, to tell the story in a more dynamic & interactive manner.
· Identify relevant topics for interviews, and potential analysts, CEOs, news makers. Research and develop a line of questioning with the presenters, aimed at breaking news and getting scoops.
· Maintain updated knowledge of global developments by monitoring trends, competitors’ activities and viewers’ feedback, and contextualising stories for an Asian audience.
· Uphold and maintain news programme quality by performing regular checks, reviewing feedback and identifying areas for improvement necessary.
· Ensure editorial guidelines of the Company and policies set by regulators are strictly adhered to.
· As needed, vet inserts, packages and reports put together by other team-members to make sure scripts are accurate, succinct, and ready for air.
· Possess a relevant Diploma/Degree
· At least 5 years of journalism experience.
· Working knowledge using news room editing systems
· Excellent command of English
· Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills