ChannelNewsAsia.com is seeking a dynamic Editor to assist in the daily operations of the digital newsroom, from conceptualizing stories for the online space to ensuring that quality of journalism reaches the highest standards.
Experience in digital content is necessary, as is working across multiple content formats from text stories to video.
· Keep track of developing local and international news stories on the online and social media space
· Keep track of data analytics in ensuring that the right stories and its accorded treatment works best in the online and social media space
· Assign digital stories by taking into consideration the balance of demands from social media data and editorial judgement
· Edit digital stories, which are written by the team or sourced externally, to ensure they reach the highest writing standards while also complying with strict editorial guidelines
· Help supervise/coach a team of producers and/or reporters and ensuring that deadlines and assignments are met
· Provide leadership within the digital newsroom and serve as a focal point for coordination with other newsrooms, e.g. the TV or radio teams
· At least 7 years of editorial experience
· A proven track record in editorial leadership, with an ability to demonstrate high standards in editing and writing stories.