We are looking for an Executive Editor to supervise a team of reporters covering Singapore issues. The right candidate will have deep knowledge of Singapore issues and good contacts of experts in the relevant industries. He/She is able to direct reporters to bring out the most salient news points in a story, vet stories to ensure accuracy, objectivity and timeliness and be able to work under pressure.
· Review and decide what news events to cover
· Assigning appropriate story to relevant reporter. Brief and debrief reporters before and after assignment to ensure salient news points are captured
· Vet stories to ensure they are accurate and make best use of the material gathered
· Look out for possible follow-ups that can be developed from diary events
· Take an active role in the beats assigned and look out for scoops reporters can pursue
· Participate in forward planning for important assignments/projects
· Develop and enhance professional competence by providing both constructive feedback as well as guidance to reporters
· Adhere to the policies and rules set by regulators by complying with and with editorial guidelines
· Keep updated on news and current affairs and other assigned segments by monitoring the market, competitive activities and viewers’ feedback
· Liaise with other news gathering departments in the MediaCorp network to maximise the use of company resources
· Guide team to analyze information/data for greater depth in stories
· At least 15 years of editorial experience, of which a minimum of 5 years are in a similar role and at supervisory level (preferably in a TV environment)
· Possess a diploma or degree preferably in Economics, Political Science, Arts & Social Science, Journalism or Mass Communication.