Channel NewsAsia (CNA) is looking for a Booking Desk Producer for its English News team.
· Book guests for all of Channel NewsAsia’s news bulletins. This can range from hard news and business interviews to more lifestyle interviews
· Contribute towards production of daily news bulletins and specials. This includes working shifts to accommodate the needs of our key news belts.
· Participate actively in editorial meetings to support and develop valuable commentary on headline, developing and breaking news stories of the day.
· Strive to keep abreast of the news cycle to expand lines of discussion and analysis.
· Seek out interesting news strands that anticipate development in stories.
· Uphold and maintain news programme quality by securing relevant guests.
· Develop and improve the performance and professionalism of the team by adhering to protocols and providing constructive feedback and follow through.
· Ensure editorial guidelines of the Company and policies set by regulators are strictly adhered to.
· Grow the Channel’s guest list by reaching out to newsmakers, think tanks and PRs.
· A Degree in Mass Communication, Arts and Social Sciences or in related areas
· At least 2 years of journalism experience
· Good understanding of Asian news and key issues in the region
· Excellent command of English - written and verbal
· Outstanding organisational and interpersonal skills