Channel NewsAsia (CNA) is looking for a Reporter/Senior Reporter for its local news desk.
We are looking for an outgoing and dynamic individual with a flair for writing and a keen interest in current events to gather and report news, with a specific focus on financial, economic and business news. This content is produced for radio, television and online platforms.
· You will be responsible for reporting on the local breaking news as well as producing compelling, shareable news content.
· Working with other desks, as well as the online team, you will help conceptualise and execute online-specific initiatives that appeal to an audience on television and online platforms.
· You will be expected to work weekends and public holidays, and irregular hours.
· You must possess a sharp news sense, with a good knowledge of local news and current affairs.
· A flair for writing and story-telling with excellent command of the English Language. Abilities in other languages will be considered an advantage.
· Have a good voice and presence in front of the camera.
· Ability to exercise individual judgment, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
· Possess good analytical skills, initiative and resourcefulness.
· Good degree preferably in Economics, Political Science, Arts & Social Science, Journalism or Mass Communication.