· Contribute towards production of daily Tamil news bulletins and specials across all platforms, with a focus on the digital platform.
· This will include generating content for the Seithi app, both exclusive and readapted from other platforms.
· You will also work on strategies to maximise the reach through social media platforms,
· Keeping track of social media and develop trends and issues monitored into news stories
· Connections with key personalities and influencers within the Indian/Tamil-speaking community is a valuable resource for this position
· You must be able to write fast and in an engaging fashion to attract the news users
· Basic multi-media shooting and video editing skills are required
· You will be part of the team to develop and run the news mobile platform for the Tamil newsroom.
· You will also be presenting the TV news bulletin when required and other duties as requested by your supervisor.
· Degree either in Journalism, Mass Communication, Media Studies or Arts & Social Sciences.
· Good command of Tamil language — especially written .
· You must have a strong in interest in Singapore news and current affairs and local Indian/Tamil issues as well as general current affairs.
· Familiarity with social media platforms used for news-gathering and community relations.
· Interest/knowledge in mobile reporting and its technologies.
· Ability to verify User Generated Content
· Flexibility to work on weekends, Public Holidays and night shifts
· At least 1 years' experience in journalism or media related fields.