· Edit and produce news bulletins: identify the key news developments of the day using wire agency materials and reporters’ stories.
· Edit and write scripts, source audio material and arrange interviews with analysts and newsmakers.
· Identify and develop fresh angles for news events.
· Set up live interviews and, when necessary, carry out interviews if guests cannot appear live.
· Work with reporters to develop coverage of news stories, and follow-up items to ensure 938 Live’s news coverage is fresh, sharply-angled and dynamic.
· Maintain updated knowledge of developments in global and local news
· A good degree in any discipline
· An excellent command of English
· Excellent copywriting skills
· Excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills
· Preferably at least 2 years of journalism experience; candidates with transferable skills and a burning passion for news are welcome to apply if in lack of the former