· Contribute towards production of daily Tamil news content across all platforms — digital, TV and radio as well as social media platforms.
· These would be garnered through reporting assignments and self-generated stories
o This will include generating content for the Seithi app, both exclusive and readapted from other platforms.
o You will also work on strategies to maximise the reach through social media platforms.
o Keeping track of social media and develop trends and issues monitored into news stories.
o Develop strong contacts as well as nurture close ties within the Indian and Tamil-speaking community and other news makers. Connections with key personalities and influencers within the Indian/Tamil-speaking community is a valuable resource for this position.
· Focus on community events and audience-focused initiatives to grow our community content.
o You must be able to write fast and in an engaging fashion to attract the news users.
o Basic multi-media shooting and video editing skills are desirable.
· Understand the role of Tamil News and our audience while delivering our content.
· Uphold and maintain standards that will satisfy Mediacorp and its viewers. Exercise high standards of accuracy, objectivity and timeliness.
· Adhere to editorial guidelines while writing and editing scripts.
· Degree either in Journalism, Mass Communication, Media Studies or Arts & Social Sciences.
· Good command of Tamil language — both written and spoken
· A strong in interest in news and current affairs as well as local Indian/Tamil issues.
· Familiarity with social media platforms as a tool for news gathering as well an interest/knowledge in mobile reporting and its technologies
· At least 1-2 years' experience in journalism or media related fields.